AWE Tuning 4.2L Spyder SwitchPath Exhaust (2011-2012)
Remember the first time you saw an R8? Your reaction was probably something along the lines of, "what is THAT?” Well, same for us.
From that moment forward, our work was cut out for us – we had to create a masterpiece for the masterpiece. Introducing two serious options for your R8:
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust
The Audi R8 4.2L SwitchPath™ Exhaust sets a new standard. Beyond the hand crafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special: The R8 4.2L Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through a central muffler, keeping sound tame and drone free.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves open and the system is unleashed – going into "straight pipe" mode.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath™ Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust line has set a new bar. SwitchPath™ Exhaust highlights include:
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- Uses Factory Tips
- No CEL with full system or straight pipes
- German Engineered control valves
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- One piece, full bolt on system means easy and reversible installation
- Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- Lifetime Warranty