RENNtech Carbon Fiber A2 Aero Package SLS AMG
RENNtech proprietary aerodynamic upgrades for the Mercedes Benz SLS!
Our carbon fiber front splitter integrates flawlessly with the original lines of the vehicle while boosting the overall testosterone level of the sporty SLS.
RENNtech’s one piece front splitter flows seamlessly into the front apron and is a simple, bolt on component which improves vehicle aesthetics and increases front end down force. All this while still maintaining the same approach angle as the OE front fascia so the RENNtech splitter retains the same clearance for parking stops and steep driveways.
This piece was designed and engineered in house by RENNtech and is a fully functional component which functions in complete harmony with our complementary rear diffuser.
Side Rocker Panels:
These proprietary carbon fiber side skirts were designed to complement the RENNtech front splitter and rear diffuser. This side skirt kit includes 4 high quality pre-preg carbon fiber pieces; 2 rocker panel extensions and 2 rear fascia trim pieces. These exceptionally unique and refined aerodynamic pieces complete the RENNtech SLS aero package by integrating flawlessly with the original lines of the vehicle while boosting the overall testosterone level of the sporty SLS.
RENNtech’s side skirts feature an OEM level of quality; in addition to perfect fitment to the factory rocker panels and lower rear fascia. Furthermore, these components utilize factory mounting locations within the rocker panels and a few additional hard attachments are required underneath the rear fascia. Finishing of the carbon fiber parts comes in the form of a high gloss UV protectant coating. Matte finish is also available per special request and may require additional lead time.
These parts were designed and engineered in house by RENNtech and are fully functional components that feature unmistakably unique styling for the SLS AMG.
Our rear diffuser is the companion component to the front splitter and functions to decrease drag and increase down force by improving the underbody airflow and its transition to ambient air. As with the front splitter, our rear diffuser is manufactured using the high quality prepreg carbon fiber and is a quick and easy install that requires no modifications to the SLS’s rear bumper or underbody.
- Please Note: SLS rear diffuser will partially obscure rear backup camera. An optional camera housing extension (Part # Aero:88.197.20.CAM) is available should you wish to retain full camera view angle
Adjustable DTM Wing:
RENNtech’s engineering and design teams spent countless hours perfecting the aerodynamic properties and aesthetic details of the entire wing assembly. In order to properly develop such a superior product; RENNtech utilized 3D white light scanning, the latest in CAD surfacing technology, and rapid prototyping via industry leading Stratasys Fortus SLA machines.
The adjustable wing is comprised of a decklid lip spoiler that sits just aft of the factory retractable wing, which is now static. The lip spoiler features two highly integral stanchions which serve as both the connection to the upper wing element and the location of adjustable carbon fiber struts. Greatly improved downforce is provided predominantly by the centerpiece, wing element. The center section of the wing gradually pulls rearward and sharply terminates to further increase functionality. The latest in aerodynamic developments inspired extractor elements which are unmistakably unique styling features integrated within the 100% carbon fiber end plates. These extractors reduce drag by pulling air flow from the top surface of the wing, out through the sides of the end plates.
The RENNtech wing features an OEM level of quality; in addition to perfect fitment to the SLS factory decklid. This optimal level of quality and fitment accuracy is achievable through multi-piece pre-preg carbon fiber tooling. This high temperature pre-preg carbon fiber tooling yields exceptional results and superior surface quality. Furthermore, extremely tight tolerances are attainable within thousandths of an inch. Finishing of the carbon fiber parts comes in the form of a high gloss UV protectant coating. Matte finish is also available per special request and may require additional lead time.
The RENNtech Carbon Fiber Aero Kit for the C197 - SLS AMG includes:
- Front Splitter
- Side Rocker Panels
- Rear Diffuser
- Rear Adjustable DTM Wing
Note: The RENNtech Aero parts are designed to fit the SLS AMG, SLS AMG GT, Coupé and Roadster.
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed