034 Motorsport Billet Dogbone Mount
We're proud to announce the availability of the Motorsport Billet Dogbone Mount for MkIV chassis Volkswagen and 8L & 8N chassis Audi models!
034Motorsport's Motorsport Dogbone Mount is the new standard in performance and durability. This dogbone mount was designed with performance in mind, manufactured from billet aluminum, and features a genuine Aurora Spherical Bearing and Track Density rubber bushing to maintain proper articulation and vibration dampening. The Motorsport Dogbone Mount is machined and assembled in-house, and designed to eliminate the slop associated with the factory mount.
The result is a locked-down drivetrain, solid shifting, and virtually no wheel hop. The Motorsport Dogbone Mount will cause some increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
- Manufactured from T6-6061 Billet Aluminum
- Genuine Aurora Spherical Bearing
- 80 Durometer (Track Density) Rubber Bushing with Void-Free Construction
- Greatly Reduced Drivetrain Slop
- Greatly Reduced Engine Movement Under Load
- More Direct Power Transfer
- Improved Shifting Feel
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Dogbone Mount
- Includes New High-Grade Installation Hardware
- 1996 - 2003 Audi A3/S3 (8L)
- 1998 - 2006 Audi TT (8N)
- 1999 - 2005 Volkswagen Golf / GLI / GTI / Jetta / New Beetle / R32 (MkIV)
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Bushings are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber bushings are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for control arm bushings that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.