AWE Tuning 2.0T Touring Edition Single Outlet Exhaust
Research and Development has yielded an exhaust that is remarkably civil while idling / part throttle cruising, but unleashed at full throttle it produces what some have called a "war-cry wail." Sophisticated, refined, and powerful, all in one package.
- Featuring AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
- Crafted from mandrel bent T-304 Stainless Steel
- Dyno proven gains of +8-9 Horsepower and +6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black Tips
- Engineered, developed and tested in-house
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
The stock exhaust system on a B8 A5 is full of crimped tubing that impedes exhaust flow and robs horsepower. The AWE Tuning B8 A5 2.0T Touring Edition Exhaust and Downpipe Systems are designed using CAD modeling software to produce smooth gradual bends and to eliminate any interruption to the flow of exhaust gasses. Our improvements to the exhaust path result in gains of 8-9 horsepower and 6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank.
Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
As exhaust gases exit the 2.0L Turbo engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ in the tab above.
Tips, valances and options
Our A5 2.0T Touring Edition Exhaust Systems are available in the following configurations:
- Single Outlet, Dual 90mm (3.50 inch) slash cut tips designed to work with the factory rear coupe valance where both tips are on the left side of the car
- Dual Outlet, Single 90mm (3.50 inch) slash cut tips designed to work with the factory cabrio or A5 3.2L rear valance, which has one tip on each side of the car
- Quad 90mm (3.50 inch) slash cut tips designed to work with the S5 rear valance