AWE 2.5L Touring Edition Exhaust
The more civilized of the family is the Jetta 2.5L Touring Edition Exhaust, which takes the Track Edition Exhaust from above and adds in an AWE Tuning 180 Technology equipped sound cancelling resonator, so you know the tone is always perfect.
The Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect performance compliment for the daily driver looking to get more out of the Jetta 2.5L.
Highlights of both systems
Hand-crafted, every detail of this exhaust was labored over to ensure maximum performance and longevity.
- Max Gains +6 crank hp @ 5950 rpms / +6 crank tq @ 2700 rpms
- Peak Gains +5 crank hp @ 5800 rpms/ +2 crank tq @ 3500 rpms
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5" to better let the engine exhale
- Strategic elimination of mufflers to release tone when uncorked
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black individually adjustable tips
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
As exhaust gases exit the 2.5L engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ in the tab above.
Finishing it off
The AWE Tuning Mk6 Jetta 2.5L Exhaust system is topped off with our signature 3.5" beveled exhaust tips, available in Chrome Silver or Diamond Black plating. The tips sport precision stamped AWE Tuning logos and are double walled to ensure a mirror polish even under hard usage. Each tip is individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste. The system has multiple slip joints with high quality t-bolt clamps, to allow optimal adjustment.