AWE Tuning V10 Coupe SwitchPath Exhaust (14+)
Unlike other systems on the market, the AWE Tuning R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust is bespoke for the V10 engine, and not just a repurposed R8 V8 system. Designed with the unique sound characteristics of the 5.2L V10 in mind, hundreds of hours of development and sound tuning were invested to unlock the perfect combination of exhaust tone, sound volume and practicality. This is an unmatched piece of Performance Engineering.
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- H-Pipe Crossover for enhanced tone and exhaust scavenging
- Bullet Style Mufflers, designed and built in-house
- Max gains: +21 hp and +50 ft lb at the crank at 2200 rpm
- Peak gains: +11 hp and +6 ft lb at the crank
- German Engineered control valves
- Valve Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- No CEL
- Lifetime Warranty
Beyond the hand-crafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special: The R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through integrated mufflers, keeping sound levels civilized.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves automatically open and the system goes into a more aggressive, "straight pipe" mode flowing primarily via both the 2 ¼" part throttle and 2 ½" full throttle channels.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath™ Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
In "Normal" mode, the system's valves are controlled by throttle position, while in "Straight Pipe Mode" the system gets aggressive from the start (ideal for racing and track usage).
In addition to our valve system, our SwitchPath™ exhaust is civilized at idle and part throttle because we use small 2 ¼" tubing for the idle and part throttle flow path. Further, the compact mufflers you see in the photos are outfitted with a double layer of OE grade stainless steel wool and composite acoustical wrap, and a carefully chosen internal perforation pattern. While the mufflers are small in size, coupled with the small diameter exit tubing on that channel and our h-pipe balance section, a sweet, higher pitched exotic sound is produced that tends to be much more naturally pleasing to the ear.
Please note that due to the elimination of catalytic converters, this exhaust is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.