AWE Tuning 4.2L Touring Edition Exhaust System
The more civilized member of the family is the S5 4.2L Touring Edition Exhaust. In addition to the central muffler from the Track Exhaust, our Touring Edition system features an x-pipe for enhanced exhaust scavenging and also features AWE Tuning 180 Technology™.
Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
As exhaust gases exit the 4.2L engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ in the tab above.
For S5 owners looking to fine tune the sound even more, we offer our Resonated Downpipes. Our Resonated Downpipes feature resonators larger than the stock units, along with larger diameter tubing in order to produce a mellow sound volume.
Under hard usage. Each tip is individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste.
Hand-crafted, every detail of these exhausts was labored over to ensure maximum performance and longevity:
- + 18hp, +12tq at the crank
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black adjustable tips
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5" to better let the engine exhale
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Stainless steel center muffler with composite acoustical and stainless steel packing materials
- Strategic elimination of mufflers to release tone
- Thick .065" wall T-304 stainless steel tubing
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Both versions of our S5 4.2L Exhaust System come with 90mm (3.5 inch) Slash Cut Tips, available in standard Chrome Silver or our noted Diamond Black finishes. The tips sport engraved AWE Tuning logos and are double walled to ensure a mirror polish, even under hard usage. Each tip is individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste.