AWE Tuning V10 Spyder SwitchPath Exhaust (14+)
One of the most meticulously engineered systems in the AWE Tuning catalog - designed for perfection at every level.
Unlike other systems on the market, the AWE Tuning R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust is bespoke for the V10 engine, and not just a repurposed R8 V8 system. Designed with the unique sound characteristics of the 5.2L V10 in mind, hundreds of hours of development and sound tuning were invested to unlock the perfect combination of exhaust tone, sound volume, performance and practicality. This is an unmatched piece of performance engineering.
- H-Pipe Crossover for enhanced tone and exhaust scavenging
- AWE Tuning Bullet-Style mufflers
- Max gains: +21 hp and +50 ft lb at the crank at 2200 rpm
- Peak gains: +11 hp and +6 ft lb at the crank
- German engineered control valves
- Valve programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Fitment - Guaranteed
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Lifetime Warranty
Beyond the hand-crafted detail that is standard at AWE Tuning, this one packs a little something special: The R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through integrated mufflers, keeping sound levels civilized.
At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves automatically open and the system goes into a more aggressive, "straight pipe" mode flowing primarily via both the 2 ¼" part throttle and 2 ½" full throttle channels.
An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath™ Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
In "Normal" mode, the system's valves are controlled by throttle position, while in "Straight Pipe Mode" the system gets aggressive from the start (ideal for racing and track usage).
Civil. And disobedient. All in one.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust is truly the ideal system for the R8 owner that wants it all. Quiet when you want it, aggresive when you’re feeling it. The ultimate compliment for one of the finest supercars on the road today.